Powered By Blogger

Ajithkumar Movies

Custom Search

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ajith's Formula Racing News

Ajith says no to racing Pictures&News

Ajith who announced that six months of a year will be earmarked for car racing has now announced that he is putting his passion for this sport in the back burner, He said his involvement with car racing was misunderstood by many. Many felt that he was not involved in his career. " If I was interested in racing and not films then what happened to the producer and the director. Were they too involved with racing? A film's flop is entirely placed on my shoulders. Anyway I am going to retain my slot and till then I am not going to go for races " stated Ajith. In Mirratal Ajith's introductory shot shows him flying an aircraft and landing in Chennai. He plays a rich guy. The film is directed by Murgadas (Ramana fame) He is currently shooting for Ji directed by Linguswamy. He was in Kumbakonam when he heard about the tragedy. He rushed to the spot and asked his fans to donate liberally to help the victim's families. Ajith recently suffered minor injuries in the shooting of Ji. After Ji he will start work on Attagahasam directed by Sharan with Pooja as heroine.

Under a new formula to plan his career in both arenas, Ajit will race from March to September and will be involved totally in films from October to February.

Ajit’s racing career started early -- at the age of 19, when he started racing with bikes and was placed among the leading racers in the country. In 2002, Ajit returned to the racing paddock amidst a successful film career to pursue his true passion of Motor Racing. In the Indian National Racing Championship in 2002, he raced in the FISSME class, doing a series of 10 gruelling races and finished fifth in the final leg of the race. In the 2003 Formula, BMW Asia Series, Ajit took part in 14 races and finished the season in the 12th place.

“I’ve always had a need for speed,” says a frank Ajit about his longing to begin racing to fulfill his inner desire. For an enthusiastic adventurer, who is as confident about picking up his Private Pilot Licence, as of setting records on the race track, the desire to take off is truly intense. “Ever since I sat in a car I wanted to be a professional racer. Lots of people have told me how difficult it is. But I’m not going to fail and I’ve never given anything less than my best shot in all my endeavors."

In the current year, Ajit is all geared up to participate in the F3 races in UK. The British F3 races are classified into two – A and B Classes. ‘A’ cars are of the latest specifications which means a budget ranging from 80,000 to 90,000 Pounds, much more than the ‘B’ class. The ‘B’ class cars are older by two years, i.e 2000 – 2001 chassis. The ‘B’ class cars have ‘H ‘ type gear boxes. Both the races – ‘A’ and ‘B’ classes are run together. There would be 20 cars in ‘A’ class and 10 – 12 cars in ‘B’ cars. But the prize classifications would be different. Ajit would be racing in ‘B’ class. He would graduate to Class ‘A’ in future depending on the sponsorship.

Motor Racing stars of the country like Narain Karthikeyan and Karun Chandok have excelled in this class and have won laurels for India, before moving on to higher class of racing.

Ajit has signed up with Mango Racing, run by the Internationally famous Patrick Roberts, the chief engineer with many teams in Europe and Asian regions to manage his career. Patrick, after many years of experience, has decided to run his own team. He is on the road now with just one car and that is to be raced by Ajit. Patrick was closely associated with the pioneer of Indian Motor Sports, the late A Karivardhan. Ajit was introduced to Patrick Roberts by Akbar Ebrahim, who managed Ajit’s racing programme in 2003.

This adventurous actor completed 38 films in 11 years including Aasai, Vaali, Kaadhal Kottai, Amarkalam and Villain. He has also over 48,000 registered fan clubs.

Speaking about his plans for the film industry, Ajit said he could never think of quitting the film industry. "It was cinema that gave me an identity, popularity and also enabled me to meet Shalini, whom I ultimately married. I will continue to act in films. I am not making films to just to make money. If I want to make money, I can accept all kinds of film assignments but I am choosy, believing in quality and not quantity," he says.

"All I have done now is to regulate my career in such a way that I can do both without affecting my producers (they are my friends first) and my sports life. Oct-Feb is normally a lean period for motor racing due to the onset of winter. Therefore, I will complete my film projects during this period so that no one is affected. My fans won't miss me because my films will get released in the next half of the year."

"What I am now doing is to use my popularity to create an awareness about Motor Racing so that the sport gets a boost in India. It should get the sponsorship that is available for cricket. For that to happen, it should become a mass game like cricket," he said appealing to the media and the public to support Motor Racing.

"Indians love a good game. And I'm sure racing will grow to become even more popular as the years go by. I'd love to do my bit to make that happen.....to quicken the pace perhap.



Ajith in Formula BMW Asia Championship 2003